Sunday, April 27, 2014

Shame & Vulnerability: Thank you Brene Brown



I’ve often told myself there were things I couldn’t do yet.
I am passionate about supporting families and children, but wasn't sure that my ideas were new or profound enough, so I kept waiting.

The internal discussion went something like this…”I’m not a good enough writer.” “What if someone disagrees with me?” “What if I don't make sense?"…the list went on.

I am a Play Therapist, practicing Synergetic Play Therapy (SPT). A main tenet of SPT is authenticity.  I can be completely authentic with children, but with adults, can I really do that? Am I being authentic if I keep waiting to be "my version of perfection" before I move forward?


Being authentic requires being vulnerable. Being vulnerable, brings up all those hidden thoughts that are grounded in shame.  I'm chosing to try to be authentic, imperfections and all.


(http://brenebrown.com/)



No comments:

Post a Comment